techark

May 22, 2002
New to Addons

What is it and how do you use it? Anyone tried it yet?

I installed in on one server and all I get is an error when I clcik the link in WHM.
Found a few links in google on it but not sure what WHM is doing with it or how it is supposed to be installed etc...

WEB-PROS

Feb 19, 2006
I installed it on my server and its fine, its a system that lets you look at how much bandwidth and reading of the harddrive is. Overal it gives you a few of how your server is doing and if you need to upgrade anything.

anand

Nov 11, 2002
India
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I installed it, looks nice. You will need to give it some time to generate the graphs for you.

Will be nice for people who want to see some graphical stats on whats happening on their servers ;)

anand

Nov 11, 2002
India
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Looking at the logs of the munin addon, looks like something is broken

/var/log/munin/munin-node.log

Code:
Use of uninitialized value in eval {block} exit at /usr/sbin/munin-node line 452, <CHILD> line 7.

anand

Nov 11, 2002
India
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
henker said:
Nice feature indeed - but has anybody found a quick way to show munin only in root's WHM, not in every reseller's WHM ?
oouch... haven't tested this myself.

Looks like cpanel would need to implement the reseller acl's in order to stop the resellers from seeing the graphs.

WEB-PROS

Feb 19, 2006
To tell the truth what is wrong with Resselers seeing the graphs, its not as if it tells them anything bad or danjerous.

anand

Nov 11, 2002
India
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
WEB-PROS said:
To tell the truth what is wrong with Resselers seeing the graphs, its not as if it tells them anything bad or danjerous.
well depends on the server owners wish. Could be a configurable option for those who want to show the graphs.

bidouilleur

Apr 27, 2003
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Nice indeed,

guess it is indeed up to server admin if he wants his resellers to see or not the stats, I don't mind

but is there a way to get the stats outside whm ?

For example when I'm at work behind a xxxx firewall preventing me to go in... like you can keep an eye via mrtg...

WEB-PROS

Feb 19, 2006
Well i removed it on one my servers, was using a large amount of CPU usuage on just 38 accounts!!!!

anand

Nov 11, 2002
India
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Probably a better way of implementing it would be to take all the data from the server to another location and create all graphs there.

Alternatively increase the time duration in which the graphs are being generated. This should lower the amount of load atleast.

Just a thought.

IRCBrasil

Jul 22, 2004
Someone knows how I put it public? I tryed a Alias /monitor/ "/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/munin/domain" but I receive a 403.

anand

Nov 11, 2002
India
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
IRCBrasil said:
Someone knows how I put it public? I tryed a Alias /monitor/ "/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/munin/domain" but I receive a 403.
You would be better off first by monitoring how much cpu/ load the plugin is causing on your server. No use in taking pain to get it public and then discover it causing heavy load on the box.

Anyways the simplest way to get it pulic would be just place a script in cron which copies the images and html to a user directory and just load that up in your browser.

The 403 could be because of the file/directory permissions.

galamba

Oct 2, 2004
Hi

Just try new addon MUNIN, works fine all our boxes except one. This was called from WHM menu.

Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./munin/index.html) you requested
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report
this error to your webhost.

cpsrvd/10.6.1 Server at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Installation script seems to ends correctly

Here are our specs:
WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-S120
Fedora i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

payne

May 31, 2003
Seattle