The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Munin: You Are Running as Root (No I'm not!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alcan, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Alcan

Alcan Member

Well, ever since I totally screwed up the permissions on the server as root (while trying to fix them :|), Munin seemed to be having problems. I eventually fixed the permissions for just about everything else but Munin still doesn't work. After fixing the permissions for /etc/munin, /var/lib/munin and /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/munin (and perhaps others), it still won't work. I keep getting (in both WHM when reinstalling Munin and SSH):

It's obviously running as munin and not root so I don't know what the problem is. I'm guessing there's a file out there which tells Munin which user is currently running it and that file is permanently set to root because it's permissions need to be fixed. So, if that's the case, any ideas as to what file that is? If not, any ideas as to what may be wrong? Munin appears to be running but no HTML files are being generated.

Thanks.
    (and yes, I know that logging in as root as dangerous)

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open up a ticket for us to investigate further? You could do so using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature. Please feel free to post the ticket number here upon submitting one for tracking purposes. Thanks!

3. Alcan

Alcan Member

Thanks for the response. The tracking number is: 2459050