sbrad

Aug 14, 2001
I submitted a support request on this 2 days ago but has gone unanswered.

sbrad

Aug 14, 2001
This really sucks. I submitted the first request on the 5th, and it went unanswered through yesterday. So I submitted another one yesterday, and it has been ignored as well.
This is so not like the support these guys have been giving over the last 6 months, and I'm at a total loss here.

netarus

Oct 27, 2002
I really need a reply to this ASAP also. We have a customer that wants this feature and currently we can't offer it. Someone please assist us. :)

haze

Dec 21, 2001
I just saw this in the changelog.. anyone know if this might help? For some reason, I just throught it might?!?

Mon Nov 11 01:35:06 EST 2002
5.x Build#42
---------------------------------------------------------------

/etc/remotedomains incarnated

JustinK

Sep 4, 2001
Does anyone have an example line for /etc/remotedomains? Is it just a file that has a list of domains that should not be re-added to the localdomains file? I used the &Edit an MX Entry& option in whm to point mail off the server, but nothing got put into that file and the domain is still in the localhosts file so I'm going to have to manually remove it. I just want to make sure I put the right info into remotedomains so I don't mess the mail up. :)

rpmws

Aug 14, 2001
back woods of NC, USA
anyone know what the story is on this?

pfmartin

Aug 18, 2001
Earth
I just did the following:

edit /etc/remotedomains

Add the domains you want to be remote. THe format is just like localdomains (i.e. one domain per line)

Done.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

pfmartin

Aug 18, 2001
Earth
Come to think of it, cpanel should automatically add the domain to the remotedomains file when a customer changes the MX record via the control panel. Seems like that is how it should work. Otherwise, why even have the MX record thing in the control panel? It doesn't work right now.

Anyhow, just hope cpanel guys are listening...

tonyFF

Registered
Aug 25, 2005
Sorry for bringing back a 'dead' topic but this is a 'vital' feature - any solution? Why Cpanel has change mx entry if this is buggy? It has been almost 4 years since the thread started.....

Thanks!