The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MX DNS Setup Recommendation

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by benaust, Sep 25, 2012.

1. benaust

benaust Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi there guys, I have a question and sorry if it seems a bit funny or basic to some.

I have a reseller account with CPanel. One of my domains under that has its web content like website hosted there and the mail is hosted by Google Apps Business.

Now I have to options to point to Google Apps Business. One to point the MX & CNames directly from domain zone manager where I purchased the domain or two do the changes under CPanel.

Saying that, both are possible and I have done this both ways and there is no problem.

What I like to know is, which way would be more stable, to setup setting on CPanel or Domain Registrant Zone Manager?

I would appreciate if anyone helps in advance and why would one be better than the other.

Thanks

Ben

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Ben,

It would be better to handle the DNS on the cPanel machine rather than using your domain registrar. Typically, you have more control if you have your own private nameservers and setup the DNS on the cPanel machine versus leaving this up to your domain registrar for handling the DNS zone settings.

Thanks!