MX Entry is missing once a day

hayridumanli

Jan 11, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have a problem with DNS and MX Entry;

DNS zone for domain.com had no problems for months in a new VPS; CENTOS 6.5 x64 and WHM 11.40.1 (build 9)

MX record is;
domain.com. 14400 IN MX 0 domain.com.
And when I look at Edit MX Entry, I saw that domain.com MX entry is there.

But once or twice a day MX Entry for domain.com is missing from the list, so e-mails cannot be received or send from the server for domain.com e-mail accounts. It's really once a day, no server restart, no change in configuration, no change in DNS; I even don't login to WHM or Cpanel. I check my mails so often, then I see that [email protected] mail account is not working, I check WHM and see that domain.com MX entry dissappeared.

Delete and create MX record doesn't solve the problem, it doesn't automatically create MX Entry for domain.com. I delete DNS record of domain.com, add again, then MX entry appears in the list and mails are working without any problem.

How can this happen, how can I examine this situation and what will be the cause and the solution?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelPeter

Technical Analyst III
Staff member
Sep 23, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

Please open a support ticket using the link in my signature. One of our analysts will be happy to investigate this for you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Thank you for your interest. I opened the support ticket, I hope you find the solution quickly.
Could you let us know the ticket number so we can update this thread with the outcome?

Thank you.