The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MX record and another port then 25

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by redwood, Oct 8, 2008.

1. redwood

redwood Member

One of my clients uses his own mailserver (one main and one backup on 2 internet connections.

His domain name has 2 MX records

/Mailserver 1
    domain
    \Mailserver 2

Problem is that the internet provider wich is connected to his mailserver 2 blocks port 25. How can i make shure mail that is send to his domain will use port 15000 for mailserver 2?

Ofcourse not through Ensim since my servers are not handling his email, it has just be redirected to another port!

Thank you

2. SB-Nick

SB-Nick Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Do you or your client owns the 2nd MX ? Does it use cPanel?
    If so you can setup another port instead of 25 only.

You can do this by going to WHM -> Service Configuration -> at the botton of you will see a "Exim on another port" message, there you can setup another SMTP port rathern than just port 25.

If cPanel is not installed on 2nd MX server you can do this by adding a simple iptables rule to forward traffic from port XXXX to 25.

3. redwood

redwood Member

This client has 2 exchange mailservers in his office, both on seperate internet connections. One of this connections supports port 25 and this is the master mailserver. The second mailserver is on a line with port 25 blocked, this is the backup mailserver.

I already adviced to use pop3 instead since we also have backup solutions, but customer really doesn't want this.

Did this, but won't seem to work

But a email comes from another server and has to be routed to the clients office server with port 15000. No incoming, It's outgoing

4. redwood

redwood Member

No one?? Or is this an impossible request?