The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MX Records and Multiple Email Domains

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by n_kruse, Oct 22, 2003.

1. n_kruse

n_kruse Well-Known Member

I am hoping someone can explain a how-to on this. I am running the latest CPanel and host my DNS at NS1.EVERYDNS.NET and NS2.EVERYDNS.NET. I have 3 domain names. I have abc.com, mno.com & xyz.com. I have abc.com setup on my server. I also own the other two. I want to set up emails at the other two that anything sent to anything@mno.com or anything@xyz.com go to an account at abc.com. (Anything is just that, i.e. smith@mno.com, johnny@mno.com or sears@mno.com). The reason I would like to do this, we have two older domains and people still contact us at those email addresses but we don't want to check the 50 or so email addresses we have gained over time. We would like it to go to one account to make reading and maintaining them easier. I really don't understand MX records and whether or not it is even possible from that point. Maybe I am way off track and there is another way I should be looking at this. I don't want to setup the site on the server and have a mailbox getting full. Please let me know if you can assist and feel free to contact me on MSN. Deluxdecals@hotmail.com Any help would be much appreicated. I have done some research but I do believe the whole concept is a little out of my league. I do understand it would be much easier if setup on our own server but we prefer to use EVERYDNS.NET.