Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mx Records are not updated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sruchi1, Jun 12, 2019.

1. sruchi1

sruchi1 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    hi there,

i am trying to change my email setting from last 12 hours from gsuites i copied the required mx files and uploaded to the respective zone editor section. but while trying to verify from gsuites it is continuously failed to verify.
    what could the probable reason and how to sort this issue.

Please help.

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @sruchi1

the first thing you should check is to ensure that you're updating the MX records where DNS for the domain is hosted. You would need to know in this case if the DNS is hosted on the server (meaning your domain's nameservers are pointed to your server) or if it is hosted at the registrar (meaning you used an A record redirect to point your domain to the server.)

If DNS is not hosted locally DNS zone file changes you make on the server will have no effect on the DNS for the domain.

Also, keep in mind it can in some cases take up to 24 hours for DNS propagation to complete.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...