The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MX records fail to resolve correctly

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by puffin, May 15, 2011.

  1. puffin

    puffin Member

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2006
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    We recently and succesfully changed a client's domain MX records to point to google servers. But after one week, the MX records resolve correctly to google for some DNS server locations, but point back to the client's domain for others.

    It's almost like two separate MX records exist for this domain--one for google servers and one for our domain. But the domain has never been transferred and whois reports the correct ownership and domain nameservers and no others. Additionally, no other MX records exist except those that point to google.

    We've checked and doublechecked the zone settings and all are correct.

    Am hoping someone has experienced this problem before and may offer some helpful insight.

    Solution: We discovered that our nameservers pointed to differing SOA serial numbers due to an oversight when we upgraded recently to a new server. Once we corrected, all DNS servers are now correctly reporting.
     
    #1 puffin, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
Loading...

Share This Page