The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MX records won't update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by germ, Oct 14, 2007.

1. germ

germ Registered

Hey all,

Sorry if this has been addressed before but I couldn't find it anywhere. Doesn't help that the search function for these forums won't let you search for a two letter phrase but...I digress.

Anywho...I'm trying to change an MX record for one of my domains and it just doesn't seem to "take". I keep getting the message:

MX Entry Saved
    The MX entry for mydomain.com has been changed to

To...nothing. I go back and check the record list and it hasn't changed, so I try again...and so on.
    I've tried logging out completely so I know I'm not getting stale info. I really don't know what else to do. It's not like there's that many options, it's pretty straightforward it's just not...working. WTF?

This is the second domain I've edited. The first one worked fine. What would cause this? Server load? What should I do? Just wait and try again? It's been hours and nothing's changed.

Oh, well. Thanks in advance if anyone can help, I really don't want to submit a support ticket for something so lame. :confused:

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Ask your host to fix this for you, they will have direct access to your dns records and they would need to troubleshoot this problem. There is pretty much nothing you can do as a cpanel client.

3. germ

germ Registered

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Just submitted the support ticket. I guess it's time to move to my own server, I have 70+ domains and I'm very happy with the google apps solution for my email needs. I don't want to have to go through this every time I develop another site!

Thanks for the quick response though. :D