The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MX Records

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Scott Selman, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Scott Selman

Scott Selman Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all-

Im kind of new to this side of things - I have domains that are still over at Register.com and I have a VPS with GoDaddy. Used to run everything with Register, but no need to bore you with the details... anyway, I have several domains of email that run perfectly with Microsoft 365 - but now that I have this great server and the ability to do email, I wanted to try setting it up on a domain that I don't use right now.

So here is my question...

I see how to physically setup email addresses in cPanel - built one, went to it through webmail..

And then I went to send a test and I am getting a s104-238-98-220.secureserver.net rejected your message to the following email addresses

So clearly I have set something up correctly because its seeing my server in the first place - but then its coming back right away not seeing the actual email account.

Am I not setting up my MX records correctly? its mail.mydomain.com - and I added a CNAME record with mail. being pointed to my servers IP address...

help :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator