The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My blog showing default cpanel page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazuwan Ahmad, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Nazuwan Ahmad

Nazuwan Ahmad Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hai guys

Out of a sudden, my blog at /http://beautifulnara.com is showing default cpanel website page.

Currently I'm using a VDS server.

FYI, I don't do any changes to the server except last week I did a tweak to make myname @ beautifulnara.com's email work (previously it was not working)

This problem has continued for 3 days. Could someone please offer me a simple solution?

My hosting provider tried everything they could but the same problem arised.

Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The domain name you have provided is loading well for me. It does display "Error establishing a database connection", however the default cPanel page is not shown. Please try clearing the browser and DNS cache on your machine to see if that allows it to load for you. The following document is available for instructions on how to clear the DNS cache on your computer:

Clear DNS Cache

Thank you.

3. milind

milind Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I confirm that the domain is showing "Error establishing a database connection" and not cpanel default page as you have mentioned. Please check database connected settings to fix the problem.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You will need to check the configuration file for your script and ensure the database host, database name, database username, and database password are all entered correctly.

Thank you.

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Additionally, I've seen multiple instances where the database and database user were created in cPanel > MySQL Databases area, but the database user was not added to the database. At the bottom of cPanel > MySQL Databases area, there is a section to add the database user to the database. This step is required for that user to be able to connect to the database.