The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My "Brilliant" Idea of Installing MYSQL Myself. *sigh*

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by CMFS, Sep 16, 2007.

1. CMFS

CMFS Registered

I've got it into my head that I should be able to install my MYSQL myself from CPanel. Please help me understand what this error message means: that I've exceeded my allowed number of databases. I've only added the one, on a site that has nothing on it. ????

My user added just fine. My database seemed to add just fine, being acknoweldged as added, but then, in the next sentence, it said I'd exceeded my allowed number of databases.

Naturally, when it came to adding the user to the database, there was no database in the dropdown menu.

*help* I'm trying to help get a project going here for my son at school. Our server is an independent server that also serves my business site - a completely separate site.

Here are the instructions and I've bolded the part that didn't work:

# Log in to your cPanel.
    # Click MySQL Databases.
    # If a user relating to WordPress does not already exist under the Users section, create one:

1. Chose a username for WordPress ('wordpress' is good) and enter it in the UserName field.
    2. Choose a difficult-to-guess password (ideally containing a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols), and enter it in the Password field.
    3. Write down the username and password you chose.
    4. Click Add User.

# If a database relating to WordPress does not already exist under the Databases section, create one:

1. Choose a name for your WordPress database ('wordpress' or 'blog' are good), enter it in the Db field, and click Add Db.

# Under Databases, select your WordPress username from the User dropdown, then select your WordPress database from the Db dropdown. Make sure All is checked under Privileges, then click Add User to Db.

2. CMFS

CMFS Registered

Someone Emailed me This and so now the problem is ...

Thank you. I took a look. It looks like I have Zero available? Is this right. I'm looking at the home page for my CPanel, and on the Left it has a collumn with:

Subdomains 0 / 0
    Parked Domains 0 / 0
    Addon Domains 0 / 0
    MySQL Databases 0 / 0
    Disk Space Usage 0.64 Megabytes
    MySQL Disk Space 0 Megabytes
    Disk space available 24.36 Megabytes

So, it looks like I get '0' alotted right now? If that's so, how do I go about changing that?

3. Voltar

Voltar Well-Known Member

I think you need to edit the package that you have for that account and allot it a MySQL database or two.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Indeed. You first create a package in Packages section of WHM and choose your parameters accordingly (including databases). Then you create account in Create New Account section and give it that package. (highlighted in green that it is available. Red of not)

And then yur off the the races. :p

5. CMFS

CMFS Registered

Thank you. Let me go see what I can do with that. Will be right back! ;)