Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

my challenge :-(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrissy, Mar 24, 2005.

1. chrissy

chrissy Member

Hello

I am very new to cPanel

I am having a challenge to create a hostname that is prefixed by the server IP and a ficticious domain name.

ex. axxx.xx.xx.xx.fakename.com

Once I figure out how, my end goal is that every domain would have it's own name servers.
    ns1.newdomain.com
    ns2.newdomain.com

ns1.thedomain.com
    ns2.thedomain.com

I have read almost every thread in this forum before posting... but now have to admit I need to ask for some help.

Could anyone please help with a patient hand :eek:

Thanks

Chrissy :p

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Creating a hostname like this axxx.xx.xx.xx.fakename.com is not going to be simple because axxx.xx.xx.xx.fakename.com must be a valid hostname and fakename.com must be a real registered domain name. The simplest way would be to use a registered domain name and create a wildcard DNS entry for *.fakename.com and then call your server axxx.xx.xx.xx.fakename.com. Bear in mind that axxx.xx.xx.xx.fakename.com will appear in all email headers going out of your server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...