The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My db password keep resetting.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OooLong, May 18, 2015.

1. OooLong

OooLong Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I have this weird recurring problem where every few weeks or few months, my user db password just no longer work and I end up having to reset its password back to what it was before. It work again when I do that. The error I got was: Error establishing a database connection. Was wondering if this is normal? Appreciate any response. Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Does anyone else have access to change the database user password? Has the password of the cPanel account changed during this time frame? Do you have root access to the server?

Thank you.

3. OooLong

OooLong Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Michael,

No one else have access to the server. Nothing has changed on the server when it happen. Yes I'm the only one have access to root. Also this is not the only server this has happened, I have a few more servers and all of them has this problem at one point or another. The Error establishing a database connection just appear and I have to reset it.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.