The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Domain address not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kevo700, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Kevo700

Kevo700 Registered

Hi, I seem have alot of trouble with my new account with bytewebhosting.com
    I didn't know where to go for help so I came here. My whole page does not work
    my account username and password works I have access to my cpanel account
    but ever time I log in there is a error message![an error occurred while processing this directive] << this message. well I'm stuck, I need help and when I try to check for my domain name in the search it say my domain name is Available to buy!!! HOW IS THIS?
    I just bought the name. I was sent an email with proof of this! when I upload my index.html file to the site it doesn't work....well how could it my whole address doesn't work, :confused: please help.

2. RAIS2

RAIS2 Well-Known Member

Wait 24-72 hours for your domain name to appear active and propagate through the internet.

It may take a while for new domain names to appear as not available, this is a normal process. Give it a little while for your site to become available for viewing the site by the domain name.

3. KMK Enterprises

KMK Enterprises Well-Known Member

Your index.html file, and your other public pages, should be uploaded to the public_html directory. While you're waiting for your domain name to propagate, did your provider give you an alternate URL (temporary URL) for accessing your site?

4. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

dude, these forums are for CPANEL ADMINISTRATORS, not for bytewebhostings clients to come and ask for support. Go ask your host or your hosts datacentre for support. This is not a cPanel problem, this is your hosts problem.

Regards,
    Brent

5. Kevo700

Kevo700 Registered

Oh

Thanks, um...yes they gave me a temporary address for my webpage. thanks again for your replies and the last guy I'm sorry I understand that this is a cpanel only forum, but I really needed help I was desperate. so I'm gonna take you guys advice and wait, I mean its only been since yesterday I bought the site and domain.

6. Kevo700

Kevo700 Registered

Help`

:) I'm patiently waiting for the domain name to propagate, but I'm still haing trouble getting the temporary URL working I have my index.html in _public.html. Well could someone help me through private messaging, please?

7. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

dude, this forum is especially for people who have ADMIN access to a cPanel server.

Regards,
    Brent

(Note: it is not my aim to sound like an asshole)

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

As Brent has rather bluntly pointed out, only you hostin provider can help you and you need to ask them, after all that is what you are paying them for. If they won't help, you might want to a new provider.