The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Network Places and virtual FTP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rjreb, May 8, 2007.

1. rjreb

rjreb Registered

We've got a client that insists on creating an FTP folder under My Network Places but the login always fails. I'm certain it's because of the double @ sign (test@cpanel.com@www.example.com). Is there a workaround for this? TIA

2. rjreb

rjreb Registered

I found that ftp://test#cpanel.com:assword@www.example.com/ works... on two machines in two different offices but a third office gets Invalid folder. I suspect it's something in their network setup but ftp works okay with Filezilla. Still digging but any suggestions always welcomed.

#2 rjreb, May 8, 2007
    Last edited: May 8, 2007
  3. PlayGod

PlayGod Registered

I have the exact same problem. Need info on how to set up Windows' My Network Places ftp access for virtual ftp accounts.

4. PlayGod

PlayGod Registered

...now it appears not to work. It worked fine, but when I tried to set up a 2nd virtual ftp account via My Net Places, it broke both accounts. At first it looked fine, but then I noticed that the 2nd account was just logging into the folder for the 1st account. I ran a cmd ipconfig /flushdns, and now neither account works, and I can't successfully create a new account.

Duh. I feel stupid. But not nearly as stupid as Windows.

#4 PlayGod, May 9, 2007
    Last edited: May 9, 2007
  5. rjreb

rjreb Registered

Apparently the wizard is pile of dung. The alternative is to open up Windows Explorer (not IE) and type in your ftp://www.example.com and let it fail. Then right click in the white space and select Login As and you should be in. However when I drag the icon from the address bar to the desktop it defaults to Firefox (since Firefox is my default browser apparently).