deodreamer

Jan 7, 2002
Right now, my theme load in about 3 - 5 seconds on a 56k.

Do you guys think that the majority of cpanel users have build 9.0 and up?

Cause if im gonna use the <cpanel include=\"blah.html\"> tag, I need to make sure that most of the people will be able to use it.

~Deo

B

bdraco

[quote:95bd7ae969][i:95bd7ae969]Originally posted by deodreamer[/i:95bd7ae969]
Right now, my theme load in about 3 - 5 seconds on a 56k.

Do you guys think that the majority of cpanel users have build 9.0 and up?

Cause if im gonna use the <cpanel include=\"blah.html\"> tag, I need to make sure that most of the people will be able to use it.

~Deo [/quote:95bd7ae969]

You should be safe using it as >95% are updated..

vortech

Aug 12, 2001
Looks

Looks Greart.. Please email if you do sell it would love to have a copy.

deodreamer

Jan 7, 2002
well....

Well, darkORB contacted me today and they are interested in distributing my skin with cpanel. heh. This will only happen if we come to some sort of agreement. If we dont, then I will sell the licenses for the theme.

To tell you the truth, I really didnt expect this big of a response. I originally just wanted to see what people thought about the skin. Now, with all the replies to this post, and the tons of email I have recieved about the skin (all positive), It would be very selfish of me to keep it from all of you.

I know that I have stated a release date of friday febuary 8th, but im not sure if that will be the date that it is released. There are two reasons for this:

1. DarkORB and I are talking about distributing the skin with cpanel and that may take some time.

2. If DarkORB and I cannot come to an arrangment, I will release the skin as soon as I find out. Also, I was thinking of releaseing different colored skins as well, not just the blue.

I guess if there are those of you who would not like to wait for different colors and would like the blue skin only, I guess I can release that and continue to work on the other colors after that.

Let me know what you all think.

Please, no more email! I check this board a fe times a day, so please reply here.

~deo

intrahost

Dec 1, 2001
You should make a pretty darn good deal with DarkOrb since (hundreds or thousands?) of host use cpanel, so $50x 300 or $50x1000, you should be careful not to get a raw deal with DarkOrb.

But I LOVE the look of the control panel and am awaiting to get it when I can.

Will you be updating it often when new cpanel things come out? Is it easily customizable?

Thanks!
Jeff - [email protected]

moronhead

Aug 12, 2001
[quote:ea3964e52e]Will you be updating it often when new cpanel things come out? Is it easily customizable?[/quote:ea3964e52e]
That\'s an important point.

Are we going to be able to remove or add items at will and easily?

Are we going to be able to modify the colors with a CSS in one stroke?

[quote:ea3964e52e]I like to have a choice in this.

Don\'t you agree?[/quote:ea3964e52e]

Yeah. What would also be useful is to have more icons relevant to the topic.

If the current icons have been taken from elsewhere we need to be sure the copyright is safe.

deodreamer

Jan 7, 2002
Yes, they will be constantly updated. And as far as any copyrights go, lol , they are safe :eek:).

Colors will not be able to be modified via the css yet cause they are hardcoded, but will be shortly after i release it.

I will be coming out with many other colors for the icons and text soon as well.

Installation should be very easy and very customizable.

`Deo

rpmws

Aug 14, 2001
back woods of NC, USA
and you know .. the quality of the skin CRego3D did that is the default now is top notch looking and the quality of the graphics are top notch. It\'s just made for people with a T3 at home and I think more than anything else it just gets old. I have people tell me every day that it is the best looking control panel they have ever seen ..then after 6 months they say \"when we getting rid of that old thing\"... load speed and new looks are both important. This one is both. But choice is what we all want.

deodreamer

Jan 7, 2002
Well I will do my best to provide as many options and choices as possible.

After all, im more of a \"1 million button remote control\" rather than a 10-key. I like options, alot of them.

As it is looking right now, friday just might be the release date after all. I am working on a site right now to release the first skin and that will be done shortly.

Keep your eyes here because I will post the web URL thursday evening or friday morning if it is ready to be released.

If its not ready, I will post that as well.

~Deo

deodreamer

Jan 7, 2002
Theme Released!

The theme has been released! I know its a couple days early, but at least its not late. Heres the link people:

http://www.deoskins.com

Ill post a new thread as well to let everyone know.

~Deo

deodreamer

Jan 7, 2002
Just to let you know, I have already started to work on a new theme. It should be done within a week or two. It will have the same options as the current, though I may add some more. If you have any suggestions, please post it on the forum located at http://forum.deoskins.com

~Deo

fizz

Jan 25, 2002
this is very similar to hostrockets theme.. down to the dotted lines around and the way you have the icons up, you should clal it HRdeodreams :)

moronhead

Aug 12, 2001
[quote:47a13a6515][i:47a13a6515]Originally posted by fizz[/i:47a13a6515]

this is very similar to hostrockets theme.. down to the dotted lines around and the way you have the icons up, you should clal it HRdeodreams :)[/quote:47a13a6515]

Hostrocket's Cpanel skin rocks!! But I think there's some good effort coming from Deo to create a fast-loading, reliable and good-looking skin, so perhaps we should give him a chance to develop it to something that will even surpass hostrocket's. ;).

deodreamer

Jan 7, 2002
Hey all,

Up until yesterday, I had not seen hostrockets skin and I am now enraged that it could even be considered to be similar.

Because of this comaprison, I will start immediatly on a few new skins. To all who have supported me, thank you. And to all who have purchased the StylusBlue skin, you will recieve 50% off on the next skin I create.

`Deo
-------------------------------------
http://www.deoskins.com

bbrader

Registered
PartnerNOC
Feb 7, 2002
Enraged that they could be considered similar? I would almost have to say that it is damn near impossible that you would have come up with that design without taking a good hard look at ours first, but hey I guess anything possible. ;)

-Brendan

kosmo

Verifed Vendor
Aug 12, 2001
All over Europe
Actually, deo's design is a redesign of iconic: text on the left, icons on the right.

No, it is a redesign of Alabanza's cp: text on the left, icons on the right.

Hm, eeer, ahm, OK, it may be his own design since it has unique icons but doesn't it really look like hostGUI?

Now I know: it looks like Apple's ClickStarter: Icons... but... it has no text.

;) OK. It looks like anything else but it is unique enough to be considered as his very own work.

graham

Feb 7, 2002
The icons may have been done by himself(or stolen off someone else) but look at the layout and the colors he used for the tables, etc. I find it very hard to believe.

-Graham