MyKuL69

Registered
Feb 7, 2002
[quote:e54d5313ce][i:e54d5313ce]Originally posted by ace[/i:e54d5313ce]

[quote:e54d5313ce][i:e54d5313ce]Originally posted by deodreamer[/i:e54d5313ce]

So, you notice the similarities of my skin and someone elses and all of a sudden im the thief?
[/quote:e54d5313ce]
[b:e54d5313ce]NOBODY[/b:e54d5313ce] has accused you of being a thief... Nobody has even said it's blatantly stolen from Hostrocket (HR didn't even say that) - All that was pointed out, was that it was similar. That is not uncommon... Ideas get stuck in a designer's head, and their work reflects it - there's nothing wrong with that at all. My only problem (as well as others, apparently) is that you denied the similarities.
[quote:e54d5313ce]
I was going to give it to you, but it just seems as if your fighting a battle that cant be won, or lost for that matter. I dont like my skin looking like someone elses, let alone charging for it. This has become more of a headache to me than anything else. All I was trying to do in the beginning was see what people had to say about my skin. Then people begged for it. And now, you have to accuse me of stealing someone elses work. Trust me, if i would have seen hostrockets theme, i would done things very different.
[/quote:e54d5313ce]
Again, I never once accused you of &stealing& someone elses work. I merely pointed out the similarities, for [b:e54d5313ce]YOUR[/b:e54d5313ce] own benefit, as well as hosts who may use it. Do you really want to sell a theme that can be considered questionable?
[quote:e54d5313ce]
So can we just drop the similarities between the two skins? After all, does hostrocket have a js dropdown? is thier skin set in frames? The only thing that could be considered similar is the layout of the main page. Nothing more. So quit whining and find something better to do.
~Deo[/quote:e54d5313ce]
You could of mentioned those additional features earlier, or provided a demo to remove all of this doubt.

I think you are taking this far too personally, and you need to learn how to handle constructive criticism better. I receive 20 e-mails a month containing something to the effect of &Is OpenBB a vB ripoff?& I don't get defensive, angry, and rude. I simply say that yes, OpenBB does look similar to vB. vB looks similar to uBB, both of which are considered to be top-notch. Some of the best ideas are those inspired by something else. The problem comes in when a developer or designer starts getting defensive and rude, thus making themselves appear as if they are hiding something.

Anyways, I think this has been exhausted enough. I apologize if you have taken my comments as being made in a spiteful tone, and I assure you that wasn't the intention. Best of luck.[/quote:e54d5313ce]

Whoa.....some very valid points there!

Just glad this didn't turn into a pissin contest.

Play nice.

:D

deodreamer

Jan 7, 2002
Forgive me if I have taken this too personal. I only like to create new ideas and I stick to that. I like to pave the way instead of follow it. If it looks similar, then so be it. But I do not agree with it. I dont want it to look similar to anything ever created before. That is what makes me a designer. Perhaps I have misunderstood ace and graham. For this I am sorry, I just cant handle any designs looking similar to anyone elses.

If its constructive criticism, then I must have surely mis interpreted it. That is my own fault. I will create more skins from here. And yes, they will rock.

~Deo

ace

Sep 24, 2001
[quote:228bb063f3][i:228bb063f3]Originally posted by deodreamer[/i:228bb063f3]

Forgive me if I have taken this too personal. I only like to create new ideas and I stick to that. I like to pave the way instead of follow it. If it looks similar, then so be it. But I do not agree with it. I dont want it to look similar to anything ever created before. That is what makes me a designer. Perhaps I have misunderstood ace and graham. For this I am sorry, I just cant handle any designs looking similar to anyone elses.

If its constructive criticism, then I must have surely mis interpreted it. That is my own fault. I will create more skins from here. And yes, they will rock.

~Deo[/quote:228bb063f3]

Ahhh see, that's what I personally like to hear. :) Trust me, I know criticism of any sort is hard to deal with... I normally just step back, take a break, take a drink, then come back and address the issue. lol

Anyways, keep up the good work... You definitely have talent.

powerhouse

Nov 5, 2001
Ok
Wow....

Yeah, I'm a month or so behind, but I must say. similiar, KINDA, mostly just the dotted line, but I think I seen that YEARS AGO in Microsofts Excel Spread sheet, which can be converted to html, which you can then see how they do it :p !

hmm, anyways I did not want to pick this subject up again. I just wanted to say that I seen Deo's NEW skin the glide one, or whatever it is, and it is one of the best I have EVER seen!

SMOKES HR's by a million miles.

Going to be a GREAT addition to our collection!

EXCELLENT JOB, Deo! If you do design work for companies, I'll keep you in mind, and when we have clients ask for a good designer, I'll point them your direction!

Keep them coming!

t c

Aug 4, 2003
VA
Now what was the point in posting nothing at all in a thread that's 1 yeard old?

[email protected]

Mar 5, 2002
Los Angeles California
Deo has disappeared from the scene over a year ago with his customer's money.

Originally posted by apodigm
I wish I could see what all the fuss is about.

Deo... your website doesn't work!!!!
http://www.deoskins.com

Can you post the url so we can see this skin?

casey

Jan 17, 2003
Originally posted by Poarch Hosting
Got the skin, however doesnt come with a logout? meh
Got a screenshot to satisfy curious minds?

Poarch Hosting

Registered
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by casey
Got a screen shot to satisfy curious minds?
Nope, for when I looked in the file he gave it didn't come with one. So I did not install..

Last edited: