The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Old Addon Scripts don't work anymore

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by bidware, May 4, 2006.

1. bidware

bidware Active Member

I just checked my "Scripts Libary" icon in Cpanel, and my custom designed scripts, and the addon scripts have disappeared. The new version of Addon Scripts seems to work, but how can I get my old scripts to work? I created my own install scripts just for this purpose. I was told that if I downgrade Cpanel, it should go back to the way I want it. How exactly would I downgrade Cpanel? Or is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks.

2. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Go into root WHM, click Update Config in the Server Configuration section. Make sure that the Stable build track is selected as it is the only track using the old addons code now.

Then update by clicking Upgrade to Latest Version in the cPanel section. This will install 10.8.1S114.

Use your old addons for now.

I'd plan on updating your addons to the new system as soon as possible, though...

Regards,

Aric

3. tmvnews

tmvnews Well-Known Member

Yeah, the old addons only work on Stable right now.

4. bidware

bidware Active Member

Thanks for that. Is there any documentation on updating my custom scripts to the new addon system? I just looked at the old addon packages to create my own install scripts.

5. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    cPanel Inc.'s never been particularly big on developer documentation. I haven't seen any for the new format, though I suspect you could just take a look at the new scripts to see how they do it.

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

7. bidware

bidware Active Member

/samples/ directory problem?

I just noticed something very strange going on with my server. Immediately after I downgraded cPanel, the '/samples/' directory on every single hosting account stopped working! So for example: www.yoursitename12345.com/samples/myimage.gif would never load, and www.yoursitename12345.com/samples/index.html would never load. However it was working perfectly before I did the downgrade. That is about the strangest problem I've ever seen. Even when I create new accounts, the /samples/ directory doesn't work. /sample/ works, and every single other directory works. I was told by my Data Center that it was an ISP problem, but that's probably not true, as users from around the world (who are obviously using different ISP's) are complaining about the exact same problem. The Data Center can't replicate the problem, as of course they have a direct connection to my server. Any ideas?