The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Problem...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2Gever, Jan 6, 2010.

1. 2Gever

2Gever Registered

Hello there cPanel Forum.

My names Jay, and basically I've used WHM/cPanel for a while, and just getting started with the Linux command line.

I'm learning on a Ubuntu-9.04-x86 VPS, which has VZ and cPanel/WHM integrated.
    However since setup I've been running into troubles, and the host gives no help saying they charge $16 just for 30 mins of remote administration (would'nt really consider it as REMOTE, when its THEIR server?) :confused: lol.

Anyway, my biggest problem is when I attempt to verify my hostname with cPanel (as the old one is not an FQDN).
    (Am already licensed with cPanel)

So, I run this command /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt ( to verify )

And here is whats returned...

Code:
    Updating cPanel license...query failed: query timed out
    info [cpkeyclt] /usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/perl/perldig failed the usability test!

warn [cpkeyclt] No working dig found!
    Done. Update Failed!
    Error message:
    License server hostnames could not be resolved to IP addresses

Building global cache for cpanel...warn [Cpanel::AdvConfig::apache::modules] Unable to locate executable Apache binary
    warn [Cpanel::AdvConfig::apache::modules] Unable to locate executable Apache binary
    Done

To put it simply, I don't have a clue what the problem is here...
    Does the hostname need adding as a child name server on my domain or something?
    I just don't see whats wrong with it, so can't really do much.
    The domain should be resolved by now, its been more than 48 hours, but still it doesn't link to my site (even though the nameservers which I'm running seem to be pinging fine.)

Any help would really be appreciated! :D
    Thanks

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

I'm not sure Ubuntu is the best way to go, but I'll let someone else comfirm this for you.

From the Docs:
    Quick Start Installation Guide