The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My server freeze and reboot himself whne processing upgrade to 11.30.1.1! Need help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sumi21kav, Jul 6, 2011.

1. sumi21kav

sumi21kav Member

Hello,
    My server freeze and reboot himself while processing upgrade to 11.30.1.1 and now cPanel is not working fine, it give a lot of errors. How i can scale back to 11.28.87 or run the same upgrade and process it again or whatever i can do to fix everything ?!

When i go in WHM it says that cPanel is running WHM 11.30.1 (build 1) and if i try to update again it give me message that the update is complete immediately. In Update Preferences nothing is working i can`t choose/change any setting.

In update i have option "Force a reinstall even if the system is up to date" will this erase all the data i have on my server ?! Or just run update process and fix everything. I have over 100 accounts and over 50GB of data + a lot of MySQL databases and edited DNS zones on many domains/sub-domains and etc... will "Force a reinstall even if the system is up to date" erase all of that ?!

Thanks

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: My server freeze and reboot himself whne processing upgrade to 11.30.1.1! Need he

Using force from WHM to Upgrade to Latest Version will not touch your accounts, no worries there. If this is not possible from WHM you might try from SSH logged in as root user.

/scripts/upcp --force

3. Asher ross

Asher ross Registered

Re: My server freeze and reboot himself whne processing upgrade to 11.30.1.1! Need he

Hi,
    please check disc sapce under server and try to append cpanel version to stable and give a try to update
    vi /etc/cpupdate.conf
    BANDMINUP=inherit
    BSDPORTS=yes
    COURIERUP=inherit
    CPANEL=stable
    DOVECOTUP=inherit
    EXIMUP=inherit
    FTPUP=inherit
    MYSQLUP=inherit
    NSDUP=inherit
    PYTHONUP=inherit
    RPMUP=daily
    SARULESUP=daily
    SYSUP=daily
    UPDATES=daily

or check update error logs for exact point of error

4. sumi21kav

sumi21kav Member

i get error:

root@hostname [~]# /scripts/upcp --force
    /scripts/upcp syntax OK
    Running Futex Check/Fix......Done
    Undefined subroutine &Cpanel::Update::getupdatepath called at /scripts/upcp line 1167.

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

You should put a ticket in with your provider or directly to cPanel Support so they can take a closer look at this failed update for you.

6. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

The times I've seen this error it was due to an old /scripts/upcp file in place or an old /scripts/updatenow.static script in place.

You can try the following first to see if the issue is resolved:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp.static --force
    /scripts/upcp --force
    If that does not work to fix the issue, you can then try to obtain current copies of upcp and updatenow.static with these commands:

Code:
    cd ~
    wget http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/cpanelsync/11.30.1.1/cpanel/scripts/updatenow.static.bz2
    bunzip2 updatenow.static.bz2
    cd /usr/local/cpanel/scripts && mv updatenow.static updatenow.static.bak110708
    mv ~/updatenow.static updatenow.static
    chmod 755 updatenow.static
    Code:
    cd ~
    wget http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/cpanelsync/11.30.1.1/cpanel/scripts/upcp.bz2
    bunzip2 upcp.bz2
    cd /usr/local/cpanel/scripts && mv upcp upcp.bak110708
    mv ~/upcp upcp
    chmod 755 upcp
    You might want to run a diff on the changed files to see if there are differences:

Code:
    cd /usr/local/cpanel/scripts
    diff upcp upcp.bak110708
    diff updatenow.static updatenow.static.bak110708
    After grabbing the new copies, you would then run a forced updatenow.static sync and upcp:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/updatenow.static --sync
    /scripts/upcp --force