The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my server is unable to send email to rediffmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ltoso, Jan 22, 2016.

1. ltoso

ltoso Member

Hi,
    my email server is sending emails to gmail, yahoo and other free email service providers but when i send email to rediffmail.com it gives the following error

smtp; 553 sorry, invalid HELO hostname (#5.7.1)

after looking at the internet for solution it says that this type of error comes when the hostname set inside cpanel doesn't lead to an ip address or is not FQDN but in my case i have checked the hostname and checked if my hostname leads to an ip address on pinging it does, it is a subdomain of a fully qualified domain name that resolves to an ip addres, do i also need to provide this domain name on reverse lookup to the ip address my server is using, if so how to do that

Please recommend

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Yes, please ensure the RDNS record configured for the IP address points to your server's hostname. You can contact your data center or hosting provider to have them configure the RDNS record for you.

Thank you.

3. ltoso

ltoso Member

Hi, i have created a reverse dns entry for my ip even now receiving the same error sending email

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You may need to consult with the email administrator of the server you are sending email to if the issue is isolated to that one serer. Or, contact the person you are sending email to via another provider and ask them to report the issue to their email provider.

Thank you.