The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My statistics are not being updated

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by terryb10, Oct 26, 2004.

1. terryb10

terryb10 Member

I am very new to using Cpanel. For the first few months my stats were updated automatically on a daily basis. More than a week ago this changed. Now my stats are not being updated at all uless I contact my Website host and ask them to do it. They tell me that there is a known problem with Cpanel and they sent an email to them about it. My Web designer tells me that she thinks this is a server problem. Have I missed something? Was there an update that I need to download so I can get my stats on a daily basis again? I am very unexperienced with Cpanel and Website administration, but my stats were being automatically updated daily until recently. I have logged a couple of tickets about this problem, but it has not been resolved.

Thanks,
    Terry

2. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is no need update that you need to download in order to have your stats functioning once again. There are a variety of reasons for the stats failing to process, and they are generally all related to something unique to your server. First of all make sure that the cpanellogd process is running on your server. It's a background process that is either processing stats or waiting to process stats. If you can't locate the process in the ps output then go ahead and restart it.
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/startup
    You should see some messages regarding various cPanel services restarting. Check to see if cpanellogd is running now.

Next try processing stats for an individual user.
    Code:
    /scripts/runweblogsnow username
    Make a note of any error messages printed to the screen while the stats are being processed. Any error message will give you a good indication of the problem. If that runs correctly, then go ahead and tell cpanellogd to process all your user's stats.
    Code:
    /scripts/runstatsonce
    Just be observant of the oput that all these command provide. It should give you a real strong indication of the problem. You can also check /usr/local/cpanel/logs/stats_log for additional error logs.

3. hodfords

hodfords Active Member

Problems with Script - any advice?

We upgraded to WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-R119 and there have been a lot of issues since.... the webstats stopped working, problems with horde and this seems like just the beginning....

After running the above command:-
    /usr/local/cpanel/startup

We get the following results:-

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Webmaster

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resetting Logs for litelog...Done
    Resetting Logs for xenaca...Done
    Resetting Logs for material...Done
    Resetting Logs for annexsin...Done
    Resetting Logs for reeyong...Done
    (internal death) Mon Jun 5 23:16:08 2006 [13498] error: Modification of a read-only value attempted at /usr/lib/pe
    rl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/DBI.pm line 279.
    eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/DBI.pm line 276
    require DBI.pm called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/DBD/mysql.pm line 7
    DBD::mysql::BEGIN() called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/Scalar/Util.pm line 0
    eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/Scalar/Util.pm line 0
    require DBD/mysql.pm called at /usr/local/cpanel/cpanellogd line 62
    main::BEGIN() called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/Scalar/Util.pm line 0
    eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/Scalar/Util.pm line 0
    [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]==> cPanel Log Daemon version 22.2
    ==> Shared RRDTOOL support enabled
    root@sendsmith [/scripts]# /usr/local/cpanel/startup
    Waiting for cpaneld to shutdown......Done
    Waiting for webmaild to shutdown.......Done
    Waiting for cppop to shutdown......Done
    Waiting for cppop-ssl to shutdown......Done
    Shutting down Mailman's master qrunner
    mailmanctl: no process killed
    Waiting for cpsrvd to shutdown......Done
    Waiting for cpsrvd-ssl to shutdown......Done
    Waiting for whostmgrd to shutdown......Done
    (internal death) Mon Jun 5 23:17:42 2006 [13628] error: Modification of a read-only value attempted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/DBI.pm line 279.
    eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/DBI.pm line 276
    require DBI.pm called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/DBD/mysql.pm line 7
    DBD::mysql::BEGIN() called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/Scalar/Util.pm line 0
    require DBD/mysql.pm called at /usr/local/cpanel/cpanellogd line 62
    main::BEGIN() called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/Scalar/Util.pm line 0
    [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]==> cPanel Log Daemon version 22.2
    ==> Shared RRDTOOL support enabled
    Waiting for cppop to shutdown......Done
    Waiting for cppop-ssl to shutdown......Done
    Waiting for cpsrvd to shutdown......Done
    Waiting for cpsrvd-ssl to shutdown......Done
    Starting Mailman's master qrunner.
    ==> Starting SSL tunnel...
    ==> Start Melange Chat Services...
    Melange Chat Server (Version 1.10), Apr-25-1999
    (C) 1998,1999 by Christian Walter, All rights reserved
    http://melange.terminal.at Email: chris@terminal.at

Unable to open logfile /var/log/melange.log - Logging disabled.
    --> Administrator Features: Disabled
    --> System Messages: Off
    --> User Channels: Enabled
    --> Anonymous Channel: Enabled
    --> Only unique nicknames allowed: No
    --> Guest login allowed: Yes
    --> Users are allowed to change their nicknames: Yes
    --> Default Security Policy: ALLOW ALL HOSTS
    --> List of hosts NOT allowed to connect:
    --> Default BannTime Setting [sec]: 3600
    --> Max Idle Time [sec]: 0
    --> LogLevel: 3
    --> ServerPort: 6666
    --> Message Logfile: disabled
    --> Logging Activated: 0
    --> server running on port 6666 (PID: 13705)

Listening on port 2084...