My TXT record is not visible for domain verification

sil_zh

Registered
Jul 22, 2018
Toronto
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,

My issue: I have added a TXT record but it is not visible when I check whatsmydns or dnsstuff, my domain shows there are no entries. The reason I am adding this TXT is so I can do a domain verification for O365 set up.

Question: Am I doing anything wrong and what can I try /check to fix troubleshoot when my TXT isn't being picked up?

Below is what I did and what I have tried already:

Created by going to: DOMAINS > Zone Editor > clicked manage my domain > added TXT record: Name: mydomain.ca.
TTL: 3600
Type: TXT
Record: MS=ms6674####

- Confirmed with Microsoft tech that the values are correct and set up looks right.
- Deleted TXT record and recreated.
- Wait over 72 hours.

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated. I am new to network admin.

Sil

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello @sil_zh

If the record is created successfully on the server and it isn't being displayed outside the server - have you also ensured that you're changing the TXT record where DNS for the domain is hosted - meaning do the nameservers for your domain point to your server or have you just implemented an A record redirect from the registrar?

Thanks!

sil_zh

Registered
Jul 22, 2018
Toronto
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello Lauren,

Thanks for your reply!

I only have access to CPanel by logging in to mydomain.ca/CPanel through my browser. This is what our DNS hosting company has set up for us. I don't have access to the actual server.

Do I need my DNS hosting company to do something on their end?

(Sorry, I am not sure I fully understand your suggestion as I am not very familiar with DNS.)

Sil

sil_zh

Registered
Jul 22, 2018
Toronto
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi Lauren,

How would I check? I don't really know how to tell if domain was directed to server with A record or nameservers.

Here is a screen cap of what is set up for us for A records if this helps?
upload_2018-7-24_8-51-19.png

Thank you for your patience. Sorry, I am not super familiar with domain direction topic.

Sil