The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My WISH LIST of things that need to be fixed!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ozzi4648, Nov 1, 2002.

  1. ozzi4648

    ozzi4648 Guest

    Im not sure how long one needs to wait but after submitting multiple TT on these issues we get messages back stating that they need root access to our servers. Not sure how many times we need to tell them about these issues over and over without any kind of fix. So here is my wish list, hopefully somebody &NICK& will see this and jump on the bandwagon.

    * Fix this error please PAM-listfile: Couldn't open /etc/ftpusers. Happens on every ftp login.

    * Can we upgrade to the Interchange shopping cart 4.9?. There is a new version out. DUH!

    In the control panel these features dont work properly:

    *Fix redirects

    *Fix Blockers

    * Hotlink protection doesnt work, if you turn it on for your site all your images are unavailable!!!! And it causes major problems when using it with the above option * REDIRECTS!

    * bind () &--- displays when listing system status from a user CP!


    In WHM the following needs fixing

    * Manage Assigned Nameserver Ips OPTION is broken in my version.

    As Root

    There are process running on our server in a &defunt& status. Howabout correcting this problem. It leads to unnecessary system resource usage and memory consumption. Cant even kill the process. It happens evertime we run the update and then it stay around till the next update: I need this killed!!!!!!!

    3098 ? Z 0:00 \_ [upcp &defunct&]

    And that is my wish list, for now anyway!
     
  2. haze

    haze Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2001
    Messages:
    1,550
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    38
    http://forums.cpanel.net/read.php?TID=584
     
  3. ozzi4648

    ozzi4648 Guest

    [quote:f9a18d1dc9][i:f9a18d1dc9]Originally posted by thaphantom[/i:f9a18d1dc9]

    yep, post stuff where it goes... keep posting and here and nothing gets done. If you are asked for the root pass give it to them, every ticket I have opened has been fixed within 12hrs, VERY good if I say so myself. The support for cPanel really surpases all the rest.[/quote:f9a18d1dc9]

    Nod, however i doubt very much these are problems related to my server alone and the fixes should be added to the new update releases not fixed on my server.
     
  4. mikerayner

    mikerayner Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2002
    Messages:
    192
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    [quote:1d954ab01c][i:1d954ab01c]Originally posted by ozzi4648[/i:1d954ab01c]

    [quote:1d954ab01c][i:1d954ab01c]Originally posted by thaphantom[/i:1d954ab01c]

    yep, post stuff where it goes... keep posting and here and nothing gets done. If you are asked for the root pass give it to them, every ticket I have opened has been fixed within 12hrs, VERY good if I say so myself. The support for cPanel really surpases all the rest.[/quote:1d954ab01c]

    Nod, however i doubt very much these are problems related to my server alone and the fixes should be added to the new update releases not fixed on my server. [/quote:1d954ab01c]
    without posting there, http://forums.cpanel.net/read.php?TID=584 those problems would not be fixed, if there is any problem.
     
  5. Curious Too

    Curious Too Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2001
    Messages:
    427
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    * Fix this error please PAM-listfile: Couldn't open /etc/ftpusers. Happens on every ftp login.

    This is not a cpanel error. Create the file ftpusers in the etc directory and the message will go away. Or edit your proftpd.conf file so that it doesn't look for the ftpusers file.
     
  6. ozzi4648

    ozzi4648 Guest

    [quote:089d8cba08][i:089d8cba08]Originally posted by Curious Too[/i:089d8cba08]

    * Fix this error please PAM-listfile: Couldn't open /etc/ftpusers. Happens on every ftp login.

    This is not a cpanel error. Create the file ftpusers in the etc directory and the message will go away. Or edit your proftpd.conf file so that it doesn't look for the ftpusers file.[/quote:089d8cba08]

    Ok thanks but i fail to find any reference to this problem anywhere so how are 99% of the people to know?
     
  7. Juanra

    Juanra Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2001
    Messages:
    777
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Spain
    [quote:c3866284dc][i:c3866284dc]Originally posted by ozzi4648[/i:c3866284dc]
    Ok thanks but i fail to find any reference to this problem anywhere so how are 99% of the people to know? [/quote:c3866284dc]

    I remember having found the solution to that in Google. See here for example:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?th=3b764005ad14b796
     
  8. ozzi4648

    ozzi4648 Guest

    [quote:8a114dfde7][i:8a114dfde7]Originally posted by ozzi4648[/i:8a114dfde7]

    Im not sure how long one needs to wait but after submitting multiple TT on these issues we get messages back stating that they need root access to our servers. Not sure how many times we need to tell them about these issues over and over without any kind of fix. So here is my wish list, hopefully somebody &NICK& will see this and jump on the bandwagon.

    * Fix this error please PAM-listfile: Couldn't open /etc/ftpusers. Happens on every ftp login.

    * Can we upgrade to the Interchange shopping cart 4.9?. There is a new version out. DUH!

    In the control panel these features dont work properly:

    *Fix redirects

    *Fix Blockers

    * Hotlink protection doesnt work, if you turn it on for your site all your images are unavailable!!!! And it causes major problems when using it with the above option * REDIRECTS!

    * bind () &--- displays when listing system status from a user CP!


    In WHM the following needs fixing

    * Manage Assigned Nameserver Ips OPTION is broken in my version.

    As Root

    There are process running on our server in a &defunt& status. Howabout correcting this problem. It leads to unnecessary system resource usage and memory consumption. Cant even kill the process. It happens evertime we run the update and then it stay around till the next update: I need this killed!!!!!!!

    3098 ? Z 0:00 \_ [upcp &defunct&]

    And that is my wish list, for now anyway![/quote:8a114dfde7]

    Issues above still exist including the following for resellers:

    * Resellers cannot edit their client accounts. Why is that? Do they actually have to delete the entire sites to change the site features?

    * You can allow a reseller to turn any of his accounts into a demo account but there is no option in his reseller account to do so.

    * There is no option to turn off WHM themes for a reseller.

    * One option turned on for a reseller actually actually opens two options for the reseller. YUK!

    * Turning on &Account stats& for a reseller actually opens the option &Server Information stats& in the reseller account.

    * SSH, we need chrooted virtual domains so we can offer SSH to our clients who really need it. There are things like dumping and restoring databases ladies and gentlemen and wget's and a whole array of things our users should not be restricted to use.

    * Setup &Remote Access Key option& have an option that turns it ON/OFF for the resellers so that when a reseller account is flagged as a demo account, people cant download the account integration scripts to view the innerworkings of how a site gets created on cPanel.

    * Every other option, that can be given by the site owner to a reseller, should have a one to one ralationship that controls identical privilages in the reseller account.

    General:

    * When modifying a users account, changing the theme lists the following options as theme selections in the drop down list

    y
    NO
    YES
    tree
    advanced
    default
    etc...........
     
Loading...

Share This Page