The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MyAdmin / Webmail Access without entering Cpanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by TogaDave, Sep 8, 2003.

1. TogaDave

TogaDave Well-Known Member

I have a few customers who want to purchase small hosting plans, and I don't want them to have access to the CPanel interface because I know they'll see everything in there as a toy to be played with. ("hey, lets make 20 backup files today just for practice LOL")

So I'm wondering, is there a way to give them access to things like Horde, Neomail, and PHPmyadmin without giving them the 2082 Cpanel port?

Thanks!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. volgafan

volgafan Member

For webmail you can just forward them to 2095 port..

3. Angel78

Angel78 Well-Known Member

for PhpMyAdmin :

https://www.domain.com:2083/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php

but if they erase everything behind :2083 and hit enter they'll will load cpanel, so it is not what you are looking for.

4. Jaime

Jaime Active Member

5. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Use the feature manager with your package and then assign the x theme to your customers. I.e., make a very limited feature list for the specific package that you are going to give to your overly curious customers.

6. TogaDave

Thanks very much for the tips!

I think the long hours are getting to me lately, because I swear I knew about the domain.com/webmail thing LOL!

The feature manager I haven't touched yet because I tend to steer clear of things that say "beta" on them, but I just went and took a look at it in WHM and it says it only works for BlueLagoon skin, but iconic ones will be available eventually. I might be brave and try that out anyway Casey. I'm currently running WHM 7.4.2 / cPanel 7.4.2-S117 / RedHat 7.3 - WHM X v2.1 so maybe it's an Edge thing?

7. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Maybe. The feature manager is only beta because it does not truly disable the features. It only hides them. At some point in the future it will actually disable the services that you do not wish to use. I am fairly certain that the feature manager works with the x theme. Bluelagoon isn't updated anymore, so I believe that the focus has shifted to x. I think you can ignore the message about bluelagoon.

8. TogaDave

Yep, you seem to be right about it working with X! I really like this new feature and so far I haven't broken anything with it yet :) It's going to be great not having to worry about some of my first time web clients poking around with stuff they shouldn't. Even though it only hides the features, right now that's enough because I don't think they would know how to find those features without direct links.

Thanks again,
    Dave