The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MyPhpAdmin accounts within cpanel

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by exeon, Nov 12, 2004.

1. exeon

exeon Registered

Hi.
    Using Cpanel, I'm creating user accounts on a specific database with full access.
    Let's say my host names me "exeon", and I decide to create a username called "test". Then, the full username becomes: "exeon_test".
    I click on the phpmyadmin link and try to put, with the correct password(I checked a LOT of times):
    nickname: exeon_test
    or
    nickname: test
    or
    nickname: exeon_test@localhost
    or
    nickname: exeon_test@myhost.com

nothing is working :( I have no clue how to give access to one of my user into phpmyadmin using cpanel account manager. I don't want to give my main password. I want to narrow the access to one db only.

thanks for the help

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    you will get a database with the name exeon_test only when you create the database under an account with the username as exeon.

Now login to the control panel of the domain with this username and click on PhpMyadmin at the mysql page. you will be able to get to the database page.

please note that only the user exeon will have access to this page of phpMyAdmin with the corresponding password. no other user is supposed to/ able to edit the database via the phpmyadmin except the root from WHM.

3. exeon

exeon Registered

Just to be sure I understood, only the main account(exeon) can access phpmyadmin?
    There's no way for me to allow other users to log in phpmyadmin for specific databases?

4. linux-image

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    are you a reaseller or a server owner ? do u have the root ?

in case you are a reseller; and for the reseller main account u have created a database; then u can access the database only via the reseller user.

in case of any domain created under the reseller; say u have created a domain named abc.com with username abc; logged into the control panel of the domain abc.com using the username abc and the corresponding password; created a database abc_test; then only the user abc can access the database via phpmyadmin and none else.

in any case u need to give access to anyone else; you will have to real think of a tweak. hope iam clear.

5. exeon

exeon Registered

Yes now I get you well.
    I'm not a reseller. I paid a company to host with them. I have a domain abc.com hosted there. I have a big community and needed to give phpmyadmin access to different person.
    I see it won't be possible :(

I guess I'll try to make or find some frontend script to manage phpmyadmin with multi users :\

thanks for your help :)

#5 exeon, Nov 13, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  6. linux-image

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    no problem :)

7. juba

juba Active Member

One way could be install phpmyadmin in a subdir and create a directory with user and password, but they will all access the databse with the same mysql user just a thought, take care,

8. kieranmullen

kieranmullen Well-Known Member

So are there yet an wya around this?

I only want to create a mysql user and db name in which the user can use the db remotely and login to phpmyadmin. I do not need a cpanel account.

Is there any way around this other than loading a verison of phpmyadmin myself?

Thanks

KM

9. SiMuL

SiMuL Registered

Yes, you can create additional users for the same database, make sure you select the "%" allowed hosts, which is what will allow remote users to connect to the database.