The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myriad of cpanel issues.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Psychoholic, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Registered

WHM 10.1.0 cPanel 10.2.0-C89
    FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE i386 - WHM X v3.1.0

When I go to 'addon domain manager' as a user, it just sits forever and doesn't do anything. No error, nothin.

In the 'tweak settings' I have:

Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that are not registered
    Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers (ie domain transfers) [This can be a major security problem. If you must have it enabled, be sure to not allow users to park common internet domains.]

Both checked.

Also, when I click on 'terminate a account' and select a domain to kill that has moved onto another server, it just get through:

Killing all processes owned by user...Done
    Cleaning passwd,shadow,group....Done
    Removing User from Group....Done
    Removing Domlogs...Done
    Removing crontab...Done

And that's it. It just quits going anywhere. I checked the logs and it says there are no processes running for that user, and thats the only error.

When I try and change a sites IP, sits forever and does nothing.

I haven't TOUCHED the configs on the server at all. The install is about 2 months old and there is only one active domain on the box (I've been testing on it before I start moving over production sites from my old server).

I've tried it on my XP box using IE and Firefox, nothin. I tried it on my redhat box using Mozilla, nothin. Tried it on my BSD 5.4 box with Mozilla and Firefox and still didn't work. That last 2 were on a different network from the first, so I don't think it's a setting on my local machines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't really suffer too much downtime since I've got new sites coming in over the weekend I need to have live by Monday and if I can't add domains I'm kinda screwed.

Thanks!

Chris

2. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Registered

Odd.

I was able to manually run the update cpanel script and rebooted the server afterwards. Everything works again. Must have had something funky floating around.