The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql 3.23.58 installer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dezignguy, Oct 24, 2004.

1. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

mysql 3.23.58 not supported? Bug & security fixes...

I'm curious why mysql 3.23.58 is not used by cPanel? It was the most recent release... Sept 11th, 2003... instead, I'm using mysql 3.23.56 - March, 2003. There were a number of bugs and also several security issues fixed in the the two newer versions...

mysql 3.23.58 changelog

Does anyone know?

A search for the version number brought up a couple freebsd users who were installing the latest version... is my cpanel stuck on .56 then?

#1 dezignguy, Oct 24, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  2. dezignguy

Bump... anyone? It'd be nice if someone from cpanel can comment on this.

3. dezignguy

hmm... i see now... I have 'mysql*' added to my up2date package skip list... so 3.23.58 can't be installed through up2date unless it's --forced. I thought I did that because I heard that the RHEL 3 rpm would break cpanel's implementation? Same as adding php / perl/ and httpd to the package skiplist.

Is this not true, and cpanel installs mysql through the rpm? Or is it like bind and can just handle it?

4. dezignguy

Hmm, well I took it out of the list and tried upgrading it... but the message returned was unresolvable chain of dependencies... it wants to install a bunch of perl stuff along with it... which would likely break cpanel.