The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL 4.0.15, Recurrent Corruption

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by arn, Nov 1, 2003.

1. arn

arn Member

So, somehow I missed the recurrent corruption issues with MySQL 4.0.12...

My WHM 8.5.1 Cpanel 8.5.3-S3 and MySQL 4.0.15 however started having problems in the past 3 days.

I first noticed it when I got a random mysql error sent to me from my vBulletin when someone was trying to read a thread. So, I repaired the db -- there were some errors, got fixed. Figured -- well, it happens.

A few hours later, again. Then later a non-vBulletin db on the same server. Over the next 1-2 days, multiple corruptions... basically every or every other time I ran the repair utility.

I finally exported my vBulletin db -- which had the bulk of the problems -- and reimported to another db. This is 670MB, so it took a while. Nope... that one also had recurrent errors.

So, I finally just downgraded to the last MySQL 3.x.x as offered by CPanel. Now, maybe 5 hours later, no issues... and running the repair shows no issues. Like I said, before, I couldn't run it more than once without problems.

A bit frustrating, and time consuming. Just wondering if anyone else had the same issues with 4.0.15?

Of note, I'm on a Dual 1.4GHz P3 server, with 2GB RAM, RedHat Linux 7.3.

I've asked my host to run a memory check to rule out bad memory.

arn

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear arn,

Did you checked if it is a bug with the 4.0.15 version at http://bugs.mysql.com/search.php ? One or two bugs looks similar to the one that you have reported. Please check that.

Regards,