The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql 4.0.25>mysql 4.0.26 and back again?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Planet_Master, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Planet_Master

Planet_Master Well-Known Member

Just curious as to why edge build 40 upgraded MySQL to 4.0.26 and without any problems a week or so ago and then current 41 downgraded back to MySQL 4.0.25 with quite a number of issues. Didnt find anything in the changelog and am quite bothered that this was done especially since the downgrade seemed to have screwed up things a bit. Nothing major but makes no sense to me why this would happen.

Were there reported problems with the new MySQL build we dont know about? Am I missing something?

Noticed after the downgrade is when the mod_sec issues started as well as the backups issue. Not to mention some DBs were acting wacky, thats the only way I could describe it.

THE FIX
    EDIT: By changing Update Config in WHM to Edge and then just running "Update server software" I got the new build back and all errors, mod_sec included, were fixed. So this is a solution without downgrading/Upgrading your cPanel version if anyone needs it.

This is also a good way for those who cannot bring themselves to run anything but stable cPanel builds to get the latest software and PERL updates without upgrading cPanel. And by the way there are quite a number of PERL updates since the last stable build so I suggest this for those who like to keep on top of things.

For the MySQL update set Update Config to EDGE and run Update Server Software
    For the latest PERL modules change Update Config to Current and run Update System Software

#1 Planet_Master, Dec 1, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2005