The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL 4.1.19 issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by netlook, Jun 2, 2006.

1. netlook

netlook Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

After few days of running MySQL 4.1.19 (latest from RELEASE), we have to tell you that it is so buggy that we never expected.

Almost every hour we have few queries in state Locked or Sleeping for over 30 minutes :mad:

Is anybody have simillar problems? Is there anything extra we should put in config my.cnf to be sure that long time sleeping queries or locked queries for more than 3-4 minutes will be killed automatically?

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

2. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

We upgraded all our server to 4.1.19 just 24hrs ago on RHEL3 and FreeBSD servers. Neither of them have shown signs of a problem. Maybe its OS specific i dont know but Im happy to report no issues with them.

root 26470 0.0 0.0 2168 916 ? S Jun01 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --pid-f
    mysql 26499 0.0 3.6 226452 37116 ? SN Jun01 0:44 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=
    m

3. netlook

netlook Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Don't you see in mysqladmin processlist any log-time-sleeping connections to mysql?

4. rs-freddo

rs-freddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have never had mysql crash with "out of memory" errors, until I upgraded to 4.1. It's done that a couple of times now...

5. AnthonyCaesar

AnthonyCaesar Active Member

I installed it and everything is working fine for all my clients with the exception of one. Who is now getting 500 Internal Server Errors with there phpBB forum. Does anyone think this is related.