The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL 4 and 5 on one machine....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MethOd63, Jan 20, 2009.

1. MethOd63

MethOd63 Active Member

Can someone tell me , how to do it ????
    My Client's need's mysql 4 and 5 , but i don't know how i need to install this uppgrade.

Please help.

Thanks

2. Zishan

Zishan Well-Known Member

By default MySQL is installed at /var/lib/mysql path so using rpm it seems impossible to install two MySQL versions on the same server. However if you need two MySQL versions on the same server then you need to install one using RPM at default path /var/lib/mysql and the other need to be installed from source at any different path something like /var/lib/mysqlv4.

3. goodmove

goodmove Well-Known Member

How would you then allocate a database to run under v4 (assuming it was installed in /var/lib/mysqlv4)?

4. Zishan

Zishan Well-Known Member

Depends that in which version database was created. Definitely both will not be managed by cPanel so if v4 need to be used then the databases need to be created from command line. While compiling v4 from source, path for bin files can also be defined to avoid conflict/overriding of other mysql binaries. Lets say mysql4 binaries are installed at /usr/bin/mysql4/ path. Database in MySQL5 can be created from cpanel and in MySQL4 from command line as:

#4 Zishan, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009