The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL 5.1?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lucas, May 1, 2008.

1. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would like to know if anyone suggests upgrading to MySQL 5.1. I am trying to keep my VPS as updated and efficient as possible as well as learning on the way. I was interested in knowing if anyone would suggest the use of MySQL 5.1 rather than 5.0. After all, it's on a stable version and not beta/alpha.

Regards,
    Lucas

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    While Sun has announced the release of MySQL 5.1 Final (or Stable), the only version available in the Community Edition is the Release Candidate version. If you want the Stable version of MySQL 5.1, you will need to obtain the Enterprise version, at this time.

There are significant differences between MySQL 5.1 and earlier versions. If you have existing databases running an older version of MySQL, please read the Release Notes ( http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-x.html ) before upgrading.

We have not begun testing MySQL 5.1 with cPanel, so there are no guarantees anything will work properly.

3. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I understand, thank you for that information, I hadn't re-searched that.

Regards