The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL access issues w/new accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n_kruse, Oct 18, 2003.

?

Are you experiencing this issue

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. n_kruse

n_kruse Well-Known Member

I have recently updated to the following WHM 8.5.4, Cpanel 8.5.4-E8 (I am running RH 7.3). When I create a new account now the account user has no priveledges to create database even though they receive an unlimited amount of them. All the accounts I created before the update can add databases. When trying to install IB or OsC I get errors because the script can not create the database. Has anyone seen this error and/or have you seen a solution. I noticed even the Cpanel Demo site appears to have this very error.

If I log into PhpMyAdmin there no priveledges is located under the database link.

2. jb605

jb605 Member

No mysql user listed in whm when creating new cpanel account!

Mine is even worse. I added new account to whm, then try to access the database, but to my surprise, I don't see this newly-created user in the mysql database under whm.

I have tried serveral times, it always does this:

mysql user name for newly-created cpanel account does not show up in whm, it only shows up when I actually go to phpmyadmin as root and look in database mysql table user. This is really stupid!:mad:

#2 jb605, Oct 21, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Reviving a year old poll which probably has nothing to do with your problem isn't going to help :)

I'd suggest either starting your own thread, or if it is a reproducable bug, log it in bugzilla.

4. jb605

jb605 Member

Sorry, I didn't realize that is 2003, because it says Oct 19, I am reading it as Oct 19, 2004.

I have the same problem at the time I posted reply. But now it seems to be gone. I will start new thread if it appears again.

Thanks for reminding me.