The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysql, Addon Scripts not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kirby, Oct 28, 2003.

1. kirby

kirby Registered

Not sure if this goes here, but posting it anyways.

Since the recent upgrade, i have got nothing but headaches. php wouldnt work, cgi, and mysql. after about a week, finally go those to work[kinda]

Ok, my problem - Each user on my server has unlimited resources, like mysql dbs. But on each account, under Scripts Library, whenver i try to install IB, Oscommerce or phpnuke i get

Sorry, this feature requires an additional database, and your current account limits you to [blank] databases.

Odd huh. So then i manually set the user's mysql limit to a number instead of unlimited. I retry...hmm works?

Nope, sometimes it actually creates the files, but i get mysql cant connect error. I check, and yep, NO DB created. But most time it just doest create anything except for the folder.

If anything has had this issue, please let me know, i am pulling my hair out as we speak.

Thanks

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

RE:

Dear ,

Please post your suggestion/problem/ideas clearly.

Regards,

3. kirby

kirby Registered

took DAYS for someone to reply to this. Have already contact Cpanel, and after over 2 weeks they answered with " THIS IS A KNOW ISSUE, A FIX IS COMING SOON ". So for me, I can't be anymore more clear.

4. linuxman

linuxman Well-Known Member

Kirby,

If you can go back to the stable version of Cpanel and make sure your database limits aren't set to unlimited. This fixed the issue for serveral of us having the same problem.

5. kirby

kirby Registered

tried that, and seems to work 90% of the time. I wouldn't call changing over 500 domains mysql limit from unlimited to a numbered limit a fix though. I am still waiting for the supposed "FIX" they were talking about.

6. Jinx

Jinx Member

I've ran into this exact same problem with quite a few accounts. I hope they hurry this fix along some. Changing this is to a high numbered value on a bunch of accounts isn't a temp fix but rather just a hassle.

7. linuxman

You are right a bad fix but not to bad if you have all accounts under a handful of plans. Then just change the plan and it will adjust all the accounts.

8. yikin

yikin Member

MySQL doesn't work on my hosting account

There isn't any different whether I change the hosting plans or change the cPanel theme at the same time I've even fixed the MySQL.

It doesn't show in my cPanel account, please advised.

9. linuxman

Re: MySQL doesn't work on my hosting account

Yikin, this issue doesn't really pertain to the problem we were having with this thread. I think you issues sounds as if you should start a new thread so it is looked at as the fresh problem it is. And I don't have the answer to your problem. When you repost provide some more details, which Cpanel version you are running. And so forth, first search the forum for a solution. There are many posts about SQL not working in this forum.