The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL and Eximstats failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by charndex, Jun 8, 2006.

1. charndex

charndex Member

a coleague of mine recently upgraded cpanel. everything is fine except i keep getting emails saying
    "eximstats failed @ Thu Jun 8 08:47:07 2006. A restart was attempted automagicly." and
    "mysql failed @ Thu Jun 8 08:47:07 2006. A restart was attempted automagicly."

i have recied about 300 messages over night and it is really getting annoying. we have tried to restart both servers butb the mssages keep coming. although the exim amil server restarts fine the messages wont stop. is there any other way of fixing this?
    the Mysql server comes up with an error:

how do i resolve this? i have tried searching for a solution but i cant seem to find one that matches my problem.

please help.......................................

#1 charndex, Jun 8, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

There are more that few threads in the forums about this issue. Here are couple of them :-

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=48890
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=49214&highlight=mysql

For the eximstats failed error, check the logs at :- /usr/local/cpanel/bin/eximstats
    The above error you receive is because Mysql is not configured correctly or DBD::mysql perl module is linking to the wrong version Mysqlclient.

Try the following command :- /scripts/realperlinstaller --force DBD::mysql

Hope this will help you.

#2 madaboutlinux, Jun 8, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  3. charndex

charndex Member

mysql

thank you for the links you sent. as i am new to cpanel, i have no idea where i go to run commands and a lot of things. i am getting to it but its baby steps as we all know. i think i am gonna have to get someone to have a look at the server and update what need to be updated for mysql to work. i wouldnt wanna mess things up really. the unfortunate thing is i cannot find any cpanel training info in the UK. if anyone has info on this or any books, please pass it to me..........i`m very greatful for all this.

thanks
    :D

4. Shinichi Kato

Shinichi Kato Well-Known Member

5. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    You need to have sound knowledge of Linux to be able to fix few problems related to servers, the one relates to mysql or http. All the information avalable currently is through the GUI mode of WHM and they are just "how tos". You will need some one initially to look into serious problems and slowly you can learn things by reading and searching.

Wish you best luck.