The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySql backup encrypted??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diannef, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Diannef

Diannef Registered

I have been trying to restore a mysql backup that was created through the cpanel backup wizard and it seems to be encrypted. I've tried restoring it through cpanel and all I get is a page that says 'Restoring' and nothing else, and it just sits there. I've also tried importing through phpmyadmin and due to the large file size (I'm presuming anyway), it gets part way through then hangs. It ends up restoring only 23 out of approximately 200 tables, and each of those tables begins with 'backup_'.

Does anyone know what I can do to get this restored? Unfortunately it's a rather large site and having them down for this long is going to hurt.

*Note* I'm not the actual host - I've requested that the host do the restore and they've tried as well, getting as far as I did. I've also asked them to do a restore from the daily backups that they say they have - so far no reply on that one though.

Thanks so much!

2. BrandMan211

BrandMan211 Active Member

Perhaps try this?

Code:
    mysql -u dbusername -p databasename < backupname.sql