The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL Backup not working

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by cjaynes, May 16, 2010.

1. cjaynes

cjaynes Registered

I'm transferring my site to a new host and I already moved all my files. Now I just need to upload my old MySQL Database. When I go into backups and find the file, a window pops up and says "Restoring Database" with a little image, but shows no indication that there's any progress. After leaving it up on my computer for a while, the backup never loads and it still says I have no MySQL Databases. I just don't know what to do to make it upload.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If the database is a large one, you might want to upload it (username_databasename.sql) somewhere onto your account, for example to directory you created named dbbackup; /home/username/dbbackup/ and then ask your host to restore it for you via SSH. If you have shell access and want to restore it yourself you could try a command something like this:

Code:

mysql -u username_databaseuser -p username_databasename < /home/username/dbbackup/username_databasename.sql
    And provide the password when asked during the restore.

#2 Infopro, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010