The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL Backup Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GOT, Dec 25, 2004.

1. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have one server that is having issues during the cpbackup routines. Keeps coming up with this whenever it starts the mysql database packup portion:

Entering timeout safety mode
    Grabbing mysql dbs............
    shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    Done
    Grabbing mysql privs...shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    Done
    Leaving timeout safety mode

Anyone seen that before?

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Troubleshooting MySQL is really difficult because it involves many variable. Try one of these options and hope will solve the problem you have at hand:

1. The error message you get either means your current directory has been deleted, or you don't have permissions to read the current directory.

2. Is this a large account? Sometimes when copying with the account password, /tmp directory will fill up causing the transfer to fail.

3. You also may want to set up the DNS entries on the old server once all accounts are transferred to point to the new server while domain propagation occurs to their new nameservers if you are changing to run your own nameservers.

3. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You're misunderstand, probably because I am not explaining it well.

During the daily backup routine is when these errors occur. We are not moving sites and its not related to DNS at all.

It also happens with every account, not just some of them.

I just found it. The script was launched from a directory that I later deleted from a different process. Thanks for the head jog on that first suggestion.

Jon