The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL backups via GUI & ftp

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by raymonde1323, Feb 28, 2016.

1. raymonde1323

raymonde1323 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi.

I am trying to backup my websites on a regular basis and am having some trouble making this a quick task.

I have dedicated server with whm & cpanel on 1 vps. The Cpanel VPS is assigned more than 50% of the total disc space and I can't afford another server with cpanel at the moment.

Whm automated backups are running incremental once a week and seem to be working good, but without a separate server I can't test the backups to be 100% sure.

I am downloading the contents of my /public_html/ folder via ftp, but I don't know how to properly download my sql databases.

sqldump via terminal requires usernames and passwords, so with 12 diferent databases I would rather not have to do that.

phpmyadmin isn't working because some of my databases are over 1gb and the download & upload process doesn't work reliably.

is there any other way to create mysql backups via GUI without needing the user info every time?
    the easiest option for me would be if I could create the backups via phpmyadmin and then download and upload them via ftp.

Any recommendations and ideas are welcome. Thanks everyone.

Last time I got hacked it took me over a year to fix everything. Now I'm getting ready to go live and I vow that will never happen to me again :)

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Nightly and full backups might be of more use to you. You might also consider adding another HDD for backups only.

You should be able to click and download each database backup from the "Backups" area in Paper Lantern, bottom of page.