The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL BIG Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fluffysam, Jul 26, 2004.

1. fluffysam

fluffysam Registered

The past week or so, I have been experiencing huge problems with my MySQL databases and such. I'm not too good at this sort of thing, but I am running a b2-based blog, and it isn't working. It switches back and forth, occasionally working, but mostly giving me an error that the username and database I've had for months don't exist. I checked in CPanel, and they were gone. I was mad, of course, but tried to recreate them with no luck. It told me they were created, but they failed to show up or cause my blog to work again. This may be a simple problem with my host, but it has taken them far too long to fix it. Is there any way I could fix this myself? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thank you!

2. Sinewy

Sinewy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    this would be some permission problems. you need to delete your mysql users/dbs and all then recreate.

3. sjackson909

sjackson909 Well-Known Member

Try chown -R mysql:mysql /var/db/mysql/ or where ever your mysql data is stored.