Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

mysql connection / open session issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Secret Agent, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

Getting this error on a site. I'm using MySQL 4.1 and tried with/without "use old style passwords..." option in tweak settings. Any ideas? Also, php open dir is disabled as well.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/ecms2004/public_html/billing/include/misc/mod_adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 338

Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/ecms2004/public_html/billing/include/misc/mod_adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 354

Session: connection failed

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ecms2004/public_html/billing/include/misc/mod_adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php:338) in /home/ecms2004/public_html/billing/include/functions.inc.php on line 112

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/ecms2004/public_html/billing/include/misc/mod_adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php:338) in /home/ecms2004/public_html/billing/include/functions.inc.php on line 112

Warning: main(include/translations/.trans.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ecms2004/public_html/billing/include/functions.inc.php on line 176

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'include/translations/.trans.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ecms2004/public_html/billing/include/functions.inc.php on line 176

2. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

Anyone? Please help

3. ialex03

ialex03 Well-Known Member

Hello.

Open /usr/local/lib/php.ini on your server and find the line
    output_buffering = Off

change it to
    output_buffering = On

then restart Apache.
    Hope it helps :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. X-Istencedotcom

X-Istencedotcom Well-Known Member

This is useless, it is the first error that matters.

At thread starter: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=39389&highlight=upgrading+MySQL+client look at cpanelben's reply, do that, and you are set.

5. goodgbb

goodgbb Well-Known Member

Thank you! ialex03 ^___________^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. weballianz

weballianz Member

Can this be solved from a client

I am hosting my site on a shared server. I'm not the manager of the server. Can I solve this for my account, or I need to speak with my administrator?

7. ialex03

ialex03 Well-Known Member

You don't have access to /usr/local/lib/php.ini and you cannot restart apache.
    The server admin can do it for you.

8. hicom

hicom Well-Known Member

Try removing the DB user account from teh DB, delete the user completely then add it back in. This usually fix issues like that.

9. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Please don't dig up 2 year old threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.