The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL connection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AndyP, Jan 5, 2006.

1. AndyP

AndyP Registered

I'm new here, so hope this is in the right section.

I'm trying to connect to my MySQL database using some software called DBTools Manager Professional installed on my PC, which I got from www.dbtools.com.br

However I am having problems with what to put in for the connection details:

Hostname: ??????

Username: CORRECT
    Password: CORRECT
    DB Name: CORRECT

The problem I'm pretty sure is with the hostname. When connecting through phpMyAdmin via cpanel it says LOCALHOST, but this won't work using the above program.

The software works ok when connecting to another MySQL database I have installed with a different server not using cpanel. With that one I just type in the IP address of the MySQL database.

However I can't for the life of me see where I can find out what the IP address is of the MySQL database installed within cpanel.

How can I find out the hostname or IP address of this database?

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    hostname would be domain.com the servers host name make sure that the msql port is open on the firewall I do not run any of my servers with it open you would need to ask your host for this info

or use a ssh tunnel or http tunnel I no sqlyog supports this

3. AndyP

AndyP Registered

The website is www.santasia.co.uk - so is that make the hostname as well?

It is hosted on a personal server of a mate of mine, but can't see anywhere to change firewall settings.