The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql connection

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by shadowincarnate, Feb 22, 2008.

1. shadowincarnate

shadowincarnate Registered

I'm new to hosting a website on a computer other than my own. I am using PHP and MySQL. I have my pages working fine and I've been using MySQL on my computer, but I'm going to be having a lot of people doing queries so I decided to move my database on this server. I've got all the info up via phpMyAdmin, but I don't see an ip address or anything for me to put in my web pages for them to connect to it. where do I find that info. Also, is there any restrictions to who can connect to it?

Also, I would like to use MySQL administrator to connect remotely. what ip would I use to do that?

#1 shadowincarnate, Feb 22, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Are you using cpanel on both servers or just the mysql? If you are using them on both, then you can easily setup the remote connection via whm > sql services > setup remote mysql server

As for your Ip addresses, you can look under whm > Basic cPanel/WHM > Main Shared Virtual Host IP.

You should setup the remote database in a way that only your web server can access it. This will be done by manipulating the firewall (if you are not running one, look into it asap)

3. shadowincarnate

shadowincarnate Registered

cool. thanks. I got it to work. I am running both my site and mysql on cPanel. Thanks for the help. I'll double check my firewall.

4. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Glad to help.. Check out CSF for your firewall needs. Very feature righ and highly reliable.