The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL Continually Failing

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by mikelegg, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member

For the last week I've been having intermittant mysql failures/restarts. These failures seem to commence when an automatic cPanel mysql update that occurred last week. It appears that the update didn't complete properly and keeps trying to run again. (I keep getting notified by CSF that a whole lot of mysql files have changed - over and over again).

I did a manual mysql update last Sunday to see if this would fix the problem. The update appeared to run OK, but the problem still remained.

My server admins have looked at the problem but can't find a solution, and the crashes are becoming more and more frequent.

My admins said that when running the /scripts/mysqlup script it updates mysql but fails at the devel package with a segmentation fault error from the ldd command. When the devel package is updated manually then it runs fine.

I logged a ticket with my cPanel licence provider 2 days ago, but haven't had a response from them yet.

#1 mikelegg, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. mikelegg

I've noticed that the failed mysql update is occurring on 2 servers now.

Every night for the last week CSF has been reporting a bunch of modified mysql files.

Interestingly, mysql isn't crashing on this second server though.

3. mikelegg

I've submitted a complimentary support ticket directly with cPanel.