The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql crash - bind crash

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by kevinc, Oct 28, 2003.

1. kevinc

kevinc Registered

I have a server that seem to be falling apart and I can't seem to figure out why. First of all I had a root kit on the original server so I migrated to a fresh install. After everthing was transferred, users could not set up any scripts that created mysql db's. I was setting the mysql db and lost mysql, apache, and bind. I was able to get mysql and apache back up by switching from 3 to 4 and resetting the root pass for mysql then restarting it. Any time that restarted the server I had to start over again and bind is not comimg up I get the permission denied on named.pid error in the log files. Permissions appear to be correct and I am lost. Any help or direction would be great.

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

Hire a system admin, you aren't going to get anything resolved in good time over a forum.

3. RedFutura

RedFutura Well-Known Member

I am having the same problem.

It seems to be that the latest cpanel update from the release tree broke mysql and bind.

There is no /var/run/named/named.pid file. If you try to restart it will start and stop itself.

In /var/log/messages it says permission denied on the pid file.

If I create a pid file manually and chown it to named:named then in /var/log/messages it will say that it cannot open the file because it exists!

cPanel guys, please do something soon! I know it is sunday, but this is very important!!