The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL crashes during backup and doesn't restart

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 0utlier, May 7, 2004.

1. 0utlier

0utlier Well-Known Member

This is a strange one... This happens on only one server and only during the backups. This is about half way through the backups...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copying www logs.............
    Done
    Grabbing mysql dbs...mysqldump: Can't get CREATE TABLE for table `phpbb_privmsgs` (File './ithkus_velocityforum/phpbb_privmsgs.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24))
    Done
    Grabbing mysql privs...DBD::mysql::st execute failed: File './mysql/user.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 669.
    DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_arrayref failed: fetch() without execute() at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 670.
    DBD::mysql::st execute failed: File './mysql/user.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 677.
    DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_arrayref failed: fetch() without execute() at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 678.
    Done

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Then after the above happens MySQL is down and every backup shows this...

Copying www logs.............
    Done
    /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)'
    Grabbing mysql dbs...DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 42
    ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)
    DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 42
    Done
    Grabbing mysql privs...DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 42
    Done

Obviously, MySQL is down at this point and any site that uses MySQL is "broken". On the off chance it might fix it, I just ran mysqlcheck -r --all-databases. Anyone else seen this or have any ideas? It's getting real old having to restart MySQL every day after I get the eximstats error. Checkservd doesn't seem to catch that MySQL is down. Thank you.

Scott Goodwin

2. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

The error (24) means too many files are being open. The default setting is usually determined by the open_files_limit which is 4096 I believe.

You would need to change this in your my.cnf or startup options

Mickalo

3. 0utlier

0utlier Well-Known Member

Just in case any one else runs into this problem....

Increasing open-files-limit in my.cnf did the trick it appears. Backups ran and MySQL didn't crash. Thank you.

4. 1server4u

1server4u Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Increasing open-files-limit in my.cnf

Hello;

What do I add in "my.cnf" To Increase the open-files-limit as all I have in that file is root and root password?

As every Sunday when my server Backups all sites I get:"spamd failed" "apache failed" And the server runs really slow.

Thanks

Mike