The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL crashing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pirotess, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Pirotess

Pirotess Member

Good morning,

Unfortunately I woke up this morning to two very sick vBulletin installations. From what I can gather from my logs and email alerts, cPanel upgraded MySQL from 5.0.19 to 5.0.21 last night. Immediately after the upgrade I started getting frequent errors from vBulletin queries.

Those errors being MySQL Error : Lost connection to MySQL server during query, Error Number : 2013 and MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
    Error Number : 2006. Now I have read this thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=310265#post310265 about those two errors but in my case as you can see from my config below, my settings arent in question. In fact my settings (with the exception of wait_timeout which I bumped to 28800 from 300) were given to me from the folks in the vBulletin server optimization forum.

PHP:
    [mysqld]
    safe-show-database
    old_passwords
    skip
    -innodb
    max_connections 
    key_buffer 
    64M
    myisam_sort_buffer_size 
    32M
    join_buffer_size 
    1M
    read_buffer_size 
    2M
    read_rnd_buffer_size 
    2M
    sort_buffer_size 
    2M
    table_cache 
    thread_cache_size 
    thread_concurrency 
    wait_timeout 
    connect_timeout 
    interactive_timeout 
    tmp_table_size 
    32M
    max_allowed_packet 
    16M
    max_connect_errors 
    query_cache_limit 
    1M
    query_cache_size 
    16M
    query_cache_type 
    query_prealloc_size 
    query_alloc_block_size 
    old
    -passwords 1

[mysqld_safe]
    open_files_limit 8192

[mysqldump]
    quick
    max_allowed_packet 
    16M

[myisamchk]
    key_buffer 64M
    sort_buffer 
    64M
    read_buffer 
    16M
    write_buffer 
    16M
    What I do have is a server that crashes repetatively. Using mysqladmin version Im only getting uptimes of seconds instead of days. This is a copy of my MySQL error log.

I honestly dont know where to go from here. I feel I've identified the problem but dont know how to fix it besides trying to roll the server back to 5.0.19. Any other suggestions? My thanks in advance.

2. Pirotess

Pirotess Member

3. vwiley1

vwiley1 Well-Known Member

I have been having the same problem with MySQL the past few days as well, except I am using 4.1.22.

The only difference between my error_log and yours, is that the query that is listed is for a different script / user each time. It has been a vBulletin query several times though.

Anyhow, MySQL has been restarting 10+ times per day.

I've tried reverting my my.cnf back to a stock version, I've tried forcing a MySQL install.... still no luck.